Rouge G Le Brillant in Beatrix
Guerlain is known for its high-end, ornately packaged cosmetics that bespeaks ultimate luxury. I was given the chance to try its new Rouge G Le Brilliant lipstick. It is a new variant of the Rouge G lipstick, but this time, it is infused with the radiance of ruby powder for enhanced shine and creamy brilliance.
First of all, the packaging is as opulent as the name. It is heavy and beautifully embossed with the brand name on top. When you slide the lipstick open, a tiny mirror pops up so you can apply your lippie without the need of any other accessory. It's nice that Guerlain thought of everything for the convenience of its consumers.
When I read Guerlain's claims about this lippie, I was a bit skeptical because they seemed too good to be true:
• The heart of the formula remains Ruby Powder, this precious jewellery ingredient is enhanced to offer Rouge G Le Brillant spectacular sparkle.
• Hyaluronic acid microspheres fill with water on contact with your lips and swell to six times their initial volume, smoothing the appearance of lips in the process.
• Gugul resin used in Ayurvedic medicine, acts like a natural wrinkle-filler in the lines of the lips.
• Tiger Grass and Vitamin A palmitate combine to help plump lips by stimulating epidermal cell growth and boosting the synthesis of collagen fibers.
• Wild mango butter enriches the ultra-comfortable formula to maintain optimum hydration levels, offering the comforting pleasure of a balm in the intense colour of a lipstick.
See swatches and the rest of the review after the jump!