Rouge G Le Brillant in Beatrix
Guerlain is known for its high-end, ornately packaged cosmetics that bespeaks ultimate luxury. I was given the chance to try its new Rouge G Le Brilliant lipstick. It is a new variant of the Rouge G lipstick, but this time, it is infused with the radiance of ruby powder for enhanced shine and creamy brilliance.
First of all, the packaging is as opulent as the name. It is heavy and beautifully embossed with the brand name on top. When you slide the lipstick open, a tiny mirror pops up so you can apply your lippie without the need of any other accessory. It's nice that Guerlain thought of everything for the convenience of its consumers.
When I read Guerlain's claims about this lippie, I was a bit skeptical because they seemed too good to be true:
• The heart of the formula remains Ruby Powder, this precious jewellery ingredient is enhanced to offer Rouge G Le Brillant spectacular sparkle.
• Hyaluronic acid microspheres fill with water on contact with your lips and swell to six times their initial volume, smoothing the appearance of lips in the process.
• Gugul resin used in Ayurvedic medicine, acts like a natural wrinkle-filler in the lines of the lips.
• Tiger Grass and Vitamin A palmitate combine to help plump lips by stimulating epidermal cell growth and boosting the synthesis of collagen fibers.
• Wild mango butter enriches the ultra-comfortable formula to maintain optimum hydration levels, offering the comforting pleasure of a balm in the intense colour of a lipstick.
See swatches and the rest of the review after the jump!
Okay, I've heard of those plumping effects before, but it never did anything to my lips. In fact, when I applied the Rouge G Le Brillant in Beatrix, I didn't even notice anything. That is, until I saw these pictures:
I was surprised that my lips looked plumper, fuller than they usually were. Also, I love, love, love the beautiful luscious sheen. Guerlain claims that this product will make "[l]ips scintillate subtly with a savvy balance of luminosity and creamy richness." I couldn't describe the effect on my lips better than that! It plumps up the lips and yet gives a creamy, luscious sheen that is just wonderful. Just look at the photos and judge for yourself.
I guess the radiance of ruby powder and the hyaluronic spheres truly made a difference because they made my lips look plumper than they really are, and since I love shimmery lips, ruby powder increased the shine effect. I am a new convert.
The only downside of course, being Guerlain, is the price. Rouge G Le Brillant retails for $46. However, if you want a luxury lipstick that you can use for that special date or event when you really want your lips to be the focal point, having one of these in your makeup stash wouldn't hurt.
Sometimes, people don't see the difference when applying these kinds of lip plumping products until they see pictures. I myself wasn't entirely convinced until I saw photos of my lips.
The Shades Of U Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Rouge G Le Brillant is available in 10 shades divided into 4 colour families:
The Nude family
The Red Family
The Pink Family
The Orange Family
Rouge G Le Brillant is available January 2010 for $46.00 at Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
NOTE: A media sample was provided by a representative of the company. For more information on the matter, please refer to the Disclosure Page.