M∙A∙C COSMETICS COLLABORATES WITH SMASHING IDEAS;
UNVEILS M∙A∙C: A TARTAN TALE FOR IPAD
Free App Now Available on iTunes
Seattle, WA, October 26, 2010 – M•A•C Cosmetics, the global beauty authority, in collaboration with Smashing Ideas (www.smashingideas.com), the leading digital media agency providing immersive and interactive entertainment, announced today their M∙A∙C : A Tartan Tale for iPad is now available in Apple’s iTunes store (itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id397448388?mt=8). Posh, punk, ancestral, anarchic, noble, naughty and glorious, M∙A∙C : A Tartan Tale celebrates Holiday 2010 through this free, radical and revolutionary iPad App from M∙A∙C and Smashing Ideas.
Follow the magical fairytale of the Myfanwy through the Glamora Castle as users shake, turn and touch interactive features throughout the book.
• The fairytale comes to life through narration and sound effects
• Fully interactive pages allow users to unlock content and share with friends via Facebook
• Ships take flight, plaid-winged bats fly from the belfry as users touch-swipe through the visually stunning story
• The chandelier shimmies through real-time physics as users move and turn the iPad
• Tap the plaid makeup tin for direct access to www.maccosmetics.com where users can shop and learn about the entire Tartan Collection
• Unlock a plaid-elicious prize at the fairytale’s conclusion
• Full audio book of M∙A∙C : A Tartan Tale is also available along with a mini-history of Tartan
The M•A•C: A Tartan Tale app is launching in conjunction with the M•A•C 2010 Holiday colour collection, also by the same name. The collection features the hottest trend shades for the holiday season in Lipsticks, Dazzleglass Cremes, Blush and specially packaged Eyeshadows with a tartan pattern.
Earlier this month, Smashing Ideas released the first original content enhanced book The War of the Worlds for iPad. In September, the company announced a partnership with Random House to develop book-based children’s Apps for mobile devices.
ABOUT M•A•C COSMETICS
M•A•C (Make-up Art Cosmetics), a leading brand of professional cosmetics, was created in Toronto, Canada in 1984 and is part of The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. The company’s popularity has grown through a tradition of word-of-mouth endorsement from makeup artists, models, photographers and journalists around the world. M•A•C is now sold in 75 countries worldwide. Become M•A•C fan at facebook.com/maccosmetics. View MAC Youtube and follow our MAC Artists on http://www.macartiststweets.com/. For a M•A•C location visit maccosmetics.com.
About Smashing Ideas
Smashing Ideas, founded in 1996, has become one of the leading digital media agencies for the youth market by creating immersive, interactive content that transforms consumer-driven brand experiences in a digital world. Cartoon Network, Disney, GE, Hasbro, Nickelodeon, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Verizon Wireless and more have called upon the Company to develop engaging, online, ITV and mobile experiences for their audiences. Smashing Ideas is based in Seattle, with offices in Portland and in the UK.